The Imagination Station Headquarters!

The Imagination Station Headquarters!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Well, its good to be back.
I had around thirty posts 2 years ago and was fortunate to have a bunch of page views. Soooo, people either liked it or not, but they were looking!
Here I am teaching elementary art for the twelfth year in the same room at the same school. I came in this year and everything looked dull and unexciting as I unpacked materials and moved furniture. This made me gloomy, so I'm sure kids are not going to feel any happier about it.
One solution? Paint lots of furniture and old boards lots of bright colors and give it new life!
It felt better and a few teachers noticed the color brightness as well!
I am certainly looking to challenge myself this year with new projects, bulletin boards and materials. This will surly lead to some failure, but learning from these experiences are how I grow as an art teacher professionally and mentally.
Anyway, I hope to be posting new projects this year. I will probably get around to 2-3 projects a month, all of which will be PK-2nd. The Dance teacher was given the upper grades, so It'll be the little ones for me.
Thanks for checking out this return blog, I hope to share with you successes and utter defeats as I give another year of elementary art curriculum!

No comments:

Post a Comment